And just like that, Saturday’s Powerball drawing yielded only one lucky ticket holder! The winner is from Florida and will be the sole winner of the OFFICIAL $590.5 million grand prize. The winning ticket holder matched all five numbers and the Powerball number. The winning numbers are 10, 13, 14, 22, and 52 with Powerball #11.
If you didn’t win, don’t feel bad. Your chance of winning was not very good. The chances were 1 in 175,223,510.
Today’s drawing was the biggest Powerball jackpot prize in U.S. history. The actual drawing takes place in Tallahasee, Florida, the same state that the winning ticket was sold in. And with no state income tax to pay, the winner in Florida will be living large.
There was two winning 5/5 ticket holders in California. They matched five numbers but NOT the Powerball number. BOTH winning California tickets was sold at a 7-ELEVEN store. One was sold in Taft, CA on 6th street and the other ticket was sold in San Jose, CA on Almaden Expressway. Each winning ticket holder with get $2,309,228, which is a very nice consolation prize.
Lottery officials stated that if there was no jackpot winner, the next Powerball drawing would have been set at $925 million. However, since there was at least one winner, the Powerball jackpot prize now goes back to the starting amount of $40 million.
Biggest Lottery Jackpots in U.S. History
- $656 Million Mega Millions Jackpot – Winning tickets from Illinois, Maryland and Kansas
- $590.5 Million Powerball Jackpot – Winning ticket from Florida
- $587, 500, 000 Power Jackpot – Winning tickets from Missouri and Arizona
- $390 Million Mega Millions Jackpot – Winning tickets from Georgia and New Jersey
- $380 Million Mega Millions Jackpot – Winning tickets from Washington and Idaho
The image above was my Powerball ticket. As you could see, I didn’t win anything.