The gun control laws in the state of Oregon is rather lax in nature. It could be easily summarized in 3 simple points:
- No Permit to Purchase
- No Registration of any firearms
- No licensing process for owner
President Obama’s stance on gun control is as follows:
- Requiring background checks on all sales on guns and putting more money into the background check system.
- Banning specific military style weapons and limits magazine to a capacity of 10 rounds.
- Eliminate gun buying loopholes
- Provide gun control training for thousands of law enforcement, first responders and school officials
- Improve mental health awareness through various modalities.
What is gun control?
Gun control generally refers to laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms. They vary greatly around the world.
Why does nothing get done about gun control?
Blame the lawmakers in Washington DC.
What percentage of Americans support gun control?
The nation is split almost evenly for gun rights vs gun control. As of this shooting, many may be changing their minds.
What are the main arguments against gun control?
The right to bear arms according to the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution and the power to protect oneself from people who can do harm to them.