It’s finally here. Amazon’s fulfillment/distribution center in West Ridge Business Park in Patterson, CA are currently hiring for the fulfillment associate positions. Stanislaus County’s Alliance Worknet, an agency that provides assistance to people who are trying to find work will hold two informational seminar events. Both will be on the same day on Tuesday, June 25th at the Modesto Centre Plaza, which is on 10th and K street (adjacent to the Doubletree Hotel). The morning session will be from 9:00am to 10:30am, while the second session in the evening will be from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Seating is limited.
According to Alliance Worknet flyer (posted below),
Job Seekers in the Patterson area will have an opportunity to hear from Amazon representatives about what it is like to work at an Amazon Fulfillment Center, while highlighting some of the core positions available.
Applications or resumes will only be accepted online at: www.workatamazonfulfillment.com
You won’t get an edge by attending the free event however; it gives prospective employees a chance to attain knowledge on how it is like to work for the Fortune 100 Company.
In January 2012, Amazon has said to provide up to 1,500 jobs, however ever since, they have refused to give an exact number, but rather termed it loosely by saying “hundreds” of jobs will be available.
Both the $13.50 per hour Fulfillment Associate position and the $16.00 Lead Fulfillment Associate position, have basic requirements.
Basic Requirements include the following:
- ·Must be at least 18 years old
- ·Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- ·Experience using computers, specifically Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- ·Must be able to understand and follow all dock safety and standard work policies
- ·Must be willing and able to work all shifts
- ·Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- ·Must be able to read and take direction in English
- ·Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- ·Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- ·Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- ·Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- ·Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- ·Must be willing and able to work on powered industrial equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
In addition, there are plenty of other positions that are available such as:
- Facilities Area Manager (Industrial Maintenance Manager)
- Senior Operations Engineer
- Maintenance Planner / CMMS Administrator
- Safety Specialist – California Region
- HR Business Partner – Patterson, CA
- Operations Manager – Patterson, CA
- IT Manager
- Junior IT Technician
- Sr. HR Business Partner – Patterson, CA
- Control Systems Specialist
- Technical Support Tech
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Robotics Maintenance Technician
- Learning Manager
- Site Safety Manager
For more information about Amazon’s fulfillment positions, please visit,